My Midsummer's Night Dream dress by Papercut Patterns!
Let me just say first of all, THAT I LOVE THIS DRESS. Its a wrap dress, with adjustable straps, so it was easy to get the right fit. I cut a small, and due to fabric restrictions, the hem comes up in the front vs staying level like in the original.
This was a dress of firsts for me!
1. Working with such a slippery material. I took Andrea of FourSquareWalls advice and used lots and lots of starch and pins. Thankfully the underside of fabric is not nearly as frictionless, otherwise cutting would have been an absolute nightmare.
2. Making bias binding.
3. I finally use my serger to do a rolled hem! I was going to wait until I had orange thread, but I thought black might look cool in a dramatic sort of way. I'm glad I trucked ahead because I actually really like it!
Sorry that my face is blurry in EVERY photo. I propped my camera up on the counter, and with the timer it could either focus on the dress or my face. I chose the dress.
There is a good amount of overlap in the front too, I wore it outside today, where it is fairly windy, and no unwelcome surprises.
|I was loosing my balance...|
THE BACK IS LITERALLY MY FAVOURITE PART. The way the skirt drapes is such a beautiful shape!!
I love the details of the little ties too :)
|Ah! Little rebel string there!|
This is one of my first projects in a while that I have been really pleased with! Yay! Gettin' my mojo back I do think.