Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sewing Spectacular

If anyone lives near Toronto, or is a sewist planning on going to Toronto, I highly HIGHLY suggest you visit the Workroom. It has the most amazing fabrics, Robert Kauffman, Nani Iro, Melody Miller, Liberty of London, and so many more. The space is so light and airy, very nice place to sew in, even with 5 other people at there stations!

I should explain! The Workroom is not just a fabric, notions, independent patter, and sewing book store its also a sew by the hour store where you can use their machines/sergers/space/etc. to sew your own projects.

I was lucky enough to take the zippered pouches class there this weekend! Such a spectacular birthday gift from the boyfriend, he also let me buy what ever fabrics I wanted for it, so of course I went big.


I have always wanted to sew something with Liberty of London fabrics, but the student budget doesn't leave much room for them, so I am so happy to have even a small project in such a gorgeous floral.

The other fabric is by one of my most favourite designers, Jay McCarrol, who is to this day, probably also my favourite Project Runway contestant.


I also lined them oppositely to make a nice little set. I like the contrast of the Art Deco-y florals with the ultra modern spore like fabric.

I can't rave enough about the space, the class, or the teacher/owner Karyn! What a patient, kind, human! One struggles not to enjoy her company. If you've ever wanted to get into sewing, but were unsure about how, I really recommend taking the Sewing Essentials or other beginner classes at the Workroom, you truly can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment